A work on walking and the everyday.
Not the walks of a flaneur or a psychogeographer. No effort to reshape space via the practice of walking. Instead to reflect upon a set of walks that I regularly do.
Begin with Zeno and the strangeness of conceiving the passage from one point to another, of engaging with the possibility and dimensions of mobile experience.
Some possible walks:
– walking about the house
– walking home from work
– mowing the lawn
– shopping at the supermarket
– something at the gym (does running on the treadmill count?)
– walking up Mt Nebo/Mt Keira
– walking up the Castle
– the dreaded family walk
– walking on overseas holidays
- Antarctic Futures July 20, 2022
- Kant’s Examples: brief thoughts on the empirical conditions of aesthetic experience October 28, 2021
- Squid Game October 3, 2021
- Form August 14, 2021
- What is Aesthetics December 4, 2020